Thursday, December 10, 2009

Solemn Stillness in PInk


Okay, so a snowstorm dumped a foot of snow on us yesterday, and now we're done cleaning out. Sort of. If you count having to finish a path to the wood pile and shoveling the deck as done.....

So here's the card of the day:



I used the stamp set Solemn Stillness from Stampin' UP. It is a 2-step stamping set, so I stamped the background tree in a light pink (I used Pretty in Pink). The next step is to stamp the swirl tree with the star over the light pink background. I used a Stampin' UP ink called Real Red, but any true red color would work. I then heat embossed the Real Red with a clear embossing powder. After that I sponged Pretty in Pink all over the white cardstock around the image. The final product is mounted on Real Red paper and wrapped in a bow with some silver ribbon. That whole piece is then mounted onto Pretty in Pink cardstock. Here's another view of the card:


Happy stamping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment