Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Polar Bears in Blue

Has everyone recovered from Thanksgiving? I had a very nice relaxing weekend and I hope all of you did too! Soo......the Christmas rush is on!

Over the next few days I will showcase some of the Christmas cards I have made for family and friends. Today's card is a card I titled Polar Bears in Blue, although the scene could be used with any monochromatic color scheme.
The image, background and sentiment are from Stampin' Up set titled Polar Express. I absolutely love these fun, whimsical polar bears! I first stamped the sledding pair on the darkest paper with a white pigment ink pad and then added the snow around them. Next I ripped the edges to make them look like they're going down a steep hill. I then matted it on the next lighter sheet. Then I stamped the sentiment on the upper right corner of that sheet. The whole thing was then mounted on the lightest blue to make the card. A quick and easy Christmas card that looks fun! Don't you want to go sledding now?

1 comment: