Monday, August 23, 2010

Glittery Snow...in August?


It seems everyone is looking for glitz and glitter, so I decided to get a head start on my Christmas cards! It's a breezy 62 degrees F today, no wonder I was thinking Christmas! lol


I used this extremely cute image from Stampin' Up set Snowy Play. I colored it with my copics and backed it on a matching blue panel (Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up). The embossed snowflake panel was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The card itself is also Buckaroo Blue. I finished it off with glitter on the image and some silver ribbon!


I've found a lot of challenges to put this one into:

Creative Card Crew - sparkle and shine
My Time to Craft - glitter and glitz
Creative Inspirations - Christmas in August

11 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, card Kendra! Love the sparkle and shine! I need to get some Christmas cards done too! SIXTY TWO degrees? Beautiful! We're still upper 90's with lots of humidity. They are promising cooler weather Weds...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra this card is adorable. Love the sparkle and shine as snow.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great. The ribbon looks like the snow flying behind them down the hill! Super cute. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations for our Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....Love this card and all the sparkle!Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations for the Christmas In August Challenge.Good luck hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how cute is this so love the embossing just so effective,thanks for playing at creative inspirations,this week,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for the Sparkle and Shine challenge. Love the embossing too. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew! Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the glitter you used. It really sparkles! Very cute card and image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kendra, thanks for joining in with us over at Creative Inspirations, I am lovin your glittery image and the embossed work is great.
    Best wishes to you,
    Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect perfect Xmas/winter card!! They are having a blast on the sled!!
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card. Love the embossing and how it matches the stamp Great job.
    Also I'm having a blog candy giveaway on my blog that will exp on 9-13. http://cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/ See side panel on right then click on photo for details and more photos of the goods.

    ReplyDelete